Working at The Children’s Museum is a fun way to get involved in your community, to meet interesting people (and animals), to help children discover and learn new things, and to learn about science, nature and the stars.
Grants Development Coordinator
The Children’s Museum Inc. in West Hartford CT seeks to fill a full time Grants Development Coordinator position. This key Development Team member works alongside lead staff and museum management to engage in fund development functions within the Development Department with an emphasis on providing research, direction and leadership for all programs and projects that are funded or sponsored, by Federal, State, corporate and private individual grants.
- Communicate effectively with museum leaders and staff to identify and prioritize programs and projects that need funded support.
- Identify, research and vet new funding opportunities.
- Maintain a current portfolio of funding opportunities, keep them in good standing, reporting and monitor any changes.
- Develop and manage relationships with leaders within funding sources. Arrange for meetings, tours and introductions to staff, trustees and museum leadership as needed.
- Provide stewardship to existing funders.
- Work with museum staff and leadership to develop budgets, reports and ancillary materials needed to create and support grant proposals and the grant reporting process.
- Write and submit grant proposals in a timely manner.
- Work with museum staff and leadership to ensure grant programs or projects are meeting the approved proposal requirements and conditions.
- Support museum leadership in the creation of contributed revenue and expense budgets and monitor grant income goals and expenses.
- Maintain a current database of active, future, and possible funding opportunities.
- Provide detailed reports to funders, museum leadership and trustees with respect to progress towards funding goals and implementation.
- Attend and assist in the planning and implementation of museum wide events.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Knowledge of fundraising sources.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising models and strategies.
- Must possess strong networking skills and be comfortable with reaching out to prospective funders and supporters via e-mail, phone, written correspondence and through attendance at community events and in person meetings.
- Demonstrates strong, positive communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines and produce quality results within appropriate time frame.
- Show solid writing ability.
- The ability to quickly immerse oneself in the organizations culture and mission and demonstrate an understanding of the overall business and organizational objectives.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of successful business processes and financial management.
- Ability to foster a team approach and work collaboratively to move agenda.
- Recognize the need to work interdepartmentally and support operational functions of the museum as needed.
- Must show excellent computer skills with all Microsoft office programs including word and Excel.
- Must have efficient and strong time and record keeping management skills.
- Experience with BlackbaudÒ Non-Profit Management software preferred.
- Multi-year experience in grant writing with a track record of successfully raising money from contributed sources
- Prior experience with not-for profit fundraising, with an emphasis on prior work within a family centered educational institution
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred
Salary range: $35,000 to $45,000 dependent on experience and prior demonstrated funding successes
To apply please forward cover letter, resume, writing sample, references and salary expectations to:
Senior Development Coordinator
The Children’s Museum Inc.
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford CT 06119
No phone calls please