Working at The Children’s Museum is a fun way to get involved in your community, to meet interesting people (and animals), to help children discover and learn new things, and to learn about science, nature and the stars.
The Children’s Museum
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford CT. 06119
Senior Development Coordinator
The Children’s Museum Inc. in West Hartford CT seeks to fill a full time Senior Development Coordinator Position. The Senior Development Coordinator works alongside lead staff and museum management to engage in fund development functions within the Development Department with an emphasis on securing major donations and grants.
· Develop and maintain relationships with and secure support from major donors, local companies, and large corporations/foundations.
· Chair the Museum’s Development Team: made up of the Executive Director, Director of Operations, and Development Department Staff
· Liaison with the Development Committee of the Museum Board.
· Provide administrative oversight for Development staff
· Communicate effectively with museum leaders and staff to identify and prioritize programs and projects that need funded support.
· Identify, research and vet new funding opportunities.
· Develop and manage relationships with leaders within funding sources. Arrange for meetings, tours and introductions to staff, trustees and museum leadership as needed.
· Provide stewardship to existing funders.
· Work with museum staff and leadership to develop budgets, reports and ancillary materials needed to create and support grant and sponsorship proposals and the reporting process.
· Coordinate and guide staff engaged in the grant process to ensure timely submission and reporting.
· Work with museum staff and leadership to ensure programs or projects are meeting the approved proposals requirements and conditions.
· Support museum leadership in the creation of contributed revenue and expense budgets and monitor grant income goals and expenses.
· Provide detailed reports to funders, museum leadership and trustees with respect to progress towards funding goals and implementation.
· Attend and assist in the planning and implementation of museum wide events.
· Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
· Knowledge of fundraising sources.
· Knowledge of basic fundraising models and strategies.
· Must possess strong networking skills and be comfortable with reaching out to prospective funders and supporters via e-mail, phone, written correspondence and through attendance at community events and in person meetings.
· Demonstrates strong, positive communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines and produce quality results within appropriate time frame.
· Show solid writing ability.
· The ability to quickly immerse oneself in the organizations culture and mission and demonstrate an understanding of the overall business and organizational objectives.
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of successful business processes and financial management.
· Ability to foster a team approach and work collaboratively to move agenda.
· Recognize the need to work interdepartmentally and support operational functions of the museum as needed.
· Must show excellent computer skills with all Microsoft office programs including word and Excel.
· Experience with Blackbaud’s Altru software preferred.
· Multi-year experience in fund raising with a track record of successfully securing large donations from private sources.
· Prior experience with not-for profit fundraising with an emphasis on prior work in a family centered educational institution
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred
Salary range: $45,000 to $50,000 dependent on experience and prior demonstrated funding successes
To apply please forward cover letter, resume, writing sample, references and salary expectations to:
Director of Operations
The Children’s Museum Inc.
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford CT 06119
Full Year Preschool Teaching Assistant
The Children’s Museum Preschool seeks an experienced, enthusiastic and nurturing part time (25-29 hours), full year Preschool Teacher Assistant to join our team of dedicated early childhood professionals. The ideal candidate will possess all the skills and abilities necessary to assist with planning and implementing play-based learning connecting to the CT ELDS, perform the physical demands required as a preschool teacher assistant, collaborate as a team and nurture family partnership. He/She will be assisting the Lead teacher. Early Childhood coursework/experience as well as current First Aide/CPR certification preferred.
Please send a resume and cover letter to
or mail to
The Children’s Museum Preschool
950 Trout Brook Dr.
West Hartford, CT 06119
If you are interested in volunteering at The Children’s Museum please contact Jennifer Parker at (860) 231-2824 ext. 380.