Working at The Children’s Museum is a fun way to get involved in your community, to meet interesting people (and animals), to help children discover and learn new things, and to learn about science, nature and the stars.
The Children’s Museum
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford CT. 06119
Part Time Co-teacher/Assistant Preschool Teacher
The Children’s Museum Preschool is currently seeking applicants for a part-time co-teacher/assistant teacher position. This position is a full year position tentatively scheduled for 11:30-5pm. This position may have opportunities for additional am hours on an as needed basis.
Providing a safe learning environment, planning and implementing play-based and child-driven classroom learning activities, meeting individual needs of the children and documenting observations, and the ability to withstand physical demands of the preschool day.
- Familiarity with the Ct Early Learning and Development Standards and prior preschool experience preferred.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood or Bachelors in a related field with early childhood credits.
- First Aid/CPR/Admin of Medications/Epi Pen certified or willingness to obtain
- Must possess the qualities to care for and work with children in all capacities, demonstrate a strong level of both verbal and written communication skills to assist parents/guardians, communicate and work positively with co-workers, and follow all background check/licensing mandates.
To apply please forward resume and cover letter, including minimum hourly salary expectation, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Marketing/Graphics Design Coordinator
The Children’s Museum Inc., West Hartford CT. is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to fill the part time role of Marketing/Graphics Design Coordinator. The Children’s Museum is a private, non-profit institution, founded in 1927. As the fifth oldest children’s museum in the nation, the museum’s mission is to provide life-long learning and innovation among children, adults and their communities. The Museum strives to assist in the development of curious, confident and innovative individuals and to be a valued asset and partner within the community. The Marketing/Graphics Design Coordinator will work alongside our program, exhibits and development staff to creatively market and promote our brand, programs, exhibits and events.
This part-time Coordinator will assist with website management, oversee social media accounts, and act as the primary liaison for advertising and public relations. The position requires a knowledge of graphic design, including a proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team. They should be able to identify newsworthy content within the organization and the appropriate channels through which to distribute it. Experience in marketing, public relations, communications, graphic design or a related field is a MUST.
- Manage organization’s website, including regularly updating graphics and seasonal information.
- Grow and manage organization’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Should be able to identify, create and cultivate appropriate content for each channel. Experience with Facebook Advertising is a plus.
- Set up and manage online sales screens thru Blackbaud Altru software.
- Graphic design creation of marketing materials such as flyers, signs, print ads, website banners, and more.
- Identify, coordinate communications and direct projects with outside vendors.
- Maintain community and media relations.
- Make direct outreach to media outlets when necessary.
- Coordinate paid advertisements and identify new promotional opportunities.
- Write and distribute Press Releases.
- Design and distribute email communications.
- Collaborate with Museum colleagues to create appropriate marketing material.
- Background in social media/ability to run a successful social media campaign
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Graphic design experience
- Experience with Constant Contact and Blackbaud’s Altru software is a plus
Please e-mail letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, professional references, a writing sample and graphic design sample to: email@example.com
If you are interested in volunteering at The Children’s Museum please contact Jennifer Parker at (860) 231-2824 ext. 380.