Working at The Children’s Museum is a fun way to get involved in your community, to meet interesting people (and animals), to help children discover and learn new things, and to learn about science, nature and the stars.
The Children’s Museum
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford CT. 06119
The Children’s Museum seeks enthusiastic and nurturing pre-k educators to join our team of dedicated museum professionals to work in our preschool classrooms and with our team of public program staff in our museum. Two part time or one full time position, for the right individual who has the skills and desire to embrace the roles of both positons, will be filled.
The ideal candidate for one part time classroom educator will possess all the skills and abilities necessary to successfully manage a traditional preschool classroom, including; planning and implementing play-based learning connecting to the CT ELDS, perform the physical demands required as a preschool educator, collaborate as a team, nurture family partnerships, and be current in First Aid/CPR, Epi-pen and Administration of Medication. This role requires afternoon availability (12-5:30 pm shift)
A second position will be hired to work with our team of museum educators focusing on programs for toddlers and preschool age children and their families. The ideal candidate will have experience in planning and implementing play-based learning connecting to the CT ELDS, perform the physical demands required as a preschool educator, collaborate as a team, nurture family experiences, and be current in First Aid/CPR, Epi-pen and Administration of Medication. This role will work within museum exhibits and informal classroom spaces to develop and lead public programs. Additionally this role will be responsible for traveling off site to deliver educational programs to other preschools as part of our outreach education initiative. This role requires morning availability (approx.: 8am-1pm) and some experience and comfort level for working with live animals in a program environment.
Must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree, preferably in Early Childhood with Bachelors in Early Childhood preferred. Other closely related degrees in Child Development and Education will be considered. Please send a resume and cover letter to Lori Crochetiere, The Children’s Museum Preschool, 950 Trout Brook Drive, West Hartford, CT 06119 or email@example.com
Job Type: Part-time or full time for an individual who can meet the requirements of both roles.
Preschool teaching experience: 1 year
Required license or certification:
Current First Aid and CPR, Epi-pen and Administration of Medication
Part Time Marketing/Communications Coordinator
The Children’s Museum Inc., West Hartford CT. is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to fill the part time role of Marketing/Communications Coordinator. The Children’s Museum is a private, non-profit institution, founded in 1927. As the fifth oldest children’s museum in the nation, the museum’s mission is to provide life-long learning and innovation among children, adults and their communities. The Museum strives to assist in the development of curious, confident and innovative individuals and to be a valued asset and partner within the community. The Marketing/Communications Coordinator will work alongside our program, exhibits and development staff to creatively market and promote our brand, programs, exhibits and events.
This part-time Coordinator will assist with website management, oversee social media accounts, and act as the primary liaison for advertising and public relations. The position requires a basic knowledge of graphic design, including a proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team. They should be able to identify newsworthy content within the organization and the appropriate channels through which to distribute it. Experience in marketing, public relations, communications, graphic design or a related field is a MUST.
- Manage organization’s website, including regularly updating graphics and seasonal information.
- Grow and manage organization’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Should be able to identify, create and cultivate appropriate content for each channel. Experience with Facebook Advertising is a plus.
- Graphic design creation of marketing materials such as flyers, signs, print ads, website banners, and more.
- Identify, coordinate communications and direct projects with outside vendors.
- Maintain community and media relations.
- Make direct outreach to media outlets when necessary.
- Coordinate paid advertisements and identify new promotional opportunities.
- Write and distribute Press Releases.
- Design and distribute email communications.
- Collaborate with Museum colleagues to create appropriate marketing material.
- Background in social media/ability to run a successful social media campaign
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Graphic design experience
- Experience with Constant Contact is a PLUS
Please e-mail letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, professional references, a writing sample and graphic design sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Maintenance (part-time)
The New Children’s Museum is seeking a part-time staff to assist with janitorial and grounds keeping. Applicants must have a positive and friendly attitude with strong communication skills as this position requires working in close proximity to museum guests. Approximately 20 plus hours per week. Individual must be able to work 4 day per week including weekends from 12 to 5 pm. Compensation is entry-level.
* Location: The Children’s Museum 950 Trout Brook Dr. West Hartford, CT 06119
* This is a part-time job available immediately
* This is a non-profit organization.
Interested candidates should apply in person Tuesday-Saturday 9am-4pm or
If you are interested in volunteering at The Children’s Museum please contact Jennifer Parker at (860) 231-2824 ext. 380.