Working at The Children’s Museum is a fun way to get involved in your community, to meet interesting people (and animals), to help children discover and learn new things, and to learn about science, nature and the stars.
The Children’s Museum
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford CT. 06119
Part Time Marketing/Communications Coordinator
The Children’s Museum Inc., West Hartford CT. is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to fill the part time role of Marketing/Communications Coordinator. The Children’s Museum is a private, non-profit institution, founded in 1927. As the fifth oldest children’s museum in the nation, the museum’s mission is to provide life-long learning and innovation among children, adults and their communities. The Museum strives to assist in the development of curious, confident and innovative individuals and to be a valued asset and partner within the community. The Marketing/Communications Coordinator will work alongside our program, exhibits and development staff to creatively market and promote our brand, programs, exhibits and events.
This part-time Coordinator will assist with website management, oversee social media accounts, and act as the primary liaison for advertising and public relations. The position requires a basic knowledge of graphic design, including a proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team. They should be able to identify newsworthy content within the organization and the appropriate channels through which to distribute it. Experience in marketing, public relations, communications, graphic design or a related field is a MUST.
- Manage organization’s website, including regularly updating graphics and seasonal information.
- Grow and manage organization’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Should be able to identify, create and cultivate appropriate content for each channel. Experience with Facebook Advertising is a plus.
- Graphic design creation of marketing materials such as flyers, signs, print ads, website banners, and more.
- Identify, coordinate communications and direct projects with outside vendors.
- Maintain community and media relations.
- Make direct outreach to media outlets when necessary.
- Coordinate paid advertisements and identify new promotional opportunities.
- Write and distribute Press Releases.
- Design and distribute email communications.
- Collaborate with Museum colleagues to create appropriate marketing material.
- Background in social media/ability to run a successful social media campaign
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Graphic design experience
- Experience with Constant Contact is a PLUS
Please e-mail letter of interest, resume, salary requirements, professional references, a writing sample and graphic design sample to: email@example.com
Facilities Maintenance (part-time)
The New Children’s Museum is seeking a part-time staff to assist with janitorial and grounds keeping. Applicants must have a positive and friendly attitude with strong communication skills as this position requires working in close proximity to museum guests. Approximately 20 plus hours per week. Individual must be able to work 4 day per week including weekends from 12 to 5 pm. Compensation is entry-level.
* Location: The Children’s Museum 950 Trout Brook Dr. West Hartford, CT 06119
* This is a part-time job available immediately
* This is a non-profit organization.
Interested candidates should apply in person Tuesday-Saturday 9am-4pm or
If you are interested in volunteering at The Children’s Museum please contact Jennifer Parker at (860) 231-2824 ext. 38.