OPENS Saturday, November 10th 2018!!!
Chef Jon Lovitch is the creator of GingerBread Lane – an amazing 3-layered gingerbread village display which took 10 months and over 800 hours to conceptualize and finalize. This year marks Chef Lovitch’s 25th year creating these elaborate, delicious creations.
- Made from only “real” edible ingredients: gingerbread, royal icing and candy.
- Made with 255lbs of dough, 800lbs of icing, 350lbs of candy and over 20lbs of cinnamon, nutmeg, and of course, ginger!
- The candy comes from 14 countries.
- Contains 600 candy canes, 1,000 sticks of cinnamon gum and 3,500 jelly beans
- Over 600 eggs were used to create the icing.
- This village takes up over 295 square feet and contains 340 houses, 2 cable cars, 2 trains, and over 3 dozen storefronts.
- This year you will find more Snowmen and Nutcrackers throughout the village!
- There are new storefronts for 2018! The “Snowman Apple Cider Company” and “GingerBread Flyer Sled Company” are a few examples.
- Can you find the GingerBread Man skating?
The exhibit also includes hands-on activities for children in our Gingerbread Forest.
Don’t miss this amazing exhibit. It’s only here for a limited time only!
Sponsored in part by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
With generous support from our media sponsors