Let’s face it: we’re all kids at heart and love to play, so why not turn your next meeting or corporate event into a night you’ll never forget? If you’ve got a corporate meeting, holiday party, family event, or even a wedding, consider a special rental at The Children’s Museum. We’re fun, hands-on, accessible, and unique. Explore our most popular rental options below.
Travelers Science Dome at the Gengras Planetarium Rental
Our most popular rental space is our Planetarium. We can comfortably seat up to 145. The Planetarium is perfect for a meeting, your next big presentation, or a cocktail reception. We’ve even had couples get married under our stars. A Planetarium rental features:
- A full dome movie of your choice and night sky tours by our Staff Astronomers.
- Use of the Planetarium’s multimedia systems for your presentations. We have all the A/V systems needed to make your presentation a stellar one. Your presentation will be bigger-than-life up on the 40-foot dome screen of the Planetarium. PowerPoint, LCD projectors, audio, and video systems are all available to you.
- There is plenty of space for hors d’oeuvres and beverages.
Cost: $500 per hour
Travelers Science Dome at the Gengras Planetarium & Engineering Zone Rental
This is perfect if you would like to have the Planetarium, but need a lot more space for a cocktail reception, dessert reception, or a sit-down dinner. You get all the options of a Planetarium rental, plus the use of our entire lower exhibit hall, Idea Zone, and the Green Gallery.
- There is plenty of space for a buffet table, and seating space for up to 50 guests (Round dinner tables and chairs rented separately).
- Play with all our exhibits while you mingle with guests, friends, and colleagues.
Cost: $950 per hour
Full Facility Rental
The entire Museum is yours with this rental package. Enjoy access to all three levels of The Children’s Museum for up to four hours. This includes access to all hands-on exhibition areas, the UTC Wildlife Sanctuary, Idea Zone, KIDS’ Factory, Critter Crossing, and the Travelers Science Dome at the Gengras Planetarium. Utilize all three classrooms and the outdoor courtyard, both easily accessible from the Museum. You can accommodate up to 400 guests with this rental option.
Cost: Please contact the Museum.
- Special demonstrations can be presented by a skilled member of our staff for only $50 more per hour: Live Animal Demonstrations, Science Experiments, and Telescope Viewing.
- Explore Store can be open for your convenience and customized gift bags are available for your guests.
- Tables and chairs can be made available.
- Ask about discounts for approved not-for-profit organizations.
Deposits and Payments
Upon booking the rental, a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of half the total rental cost is due within 14 days with a signed copy of the rental agreement. The remaining balance is due 10 days prior to the date of the rental. There are no refunds if cancellation is made within 10 days of the event. Clients who are renting The Children’s Museum may utilize any caterer of their choice provided the caterer works within the facilities’ required policies and procedures. Your event coordinator can recommend caterers who have worked with The Children’s Museum’s spaces and have provided successful events here at the Museum in the past. Alcoholic beverages may be served with proper licensing, providing your function is not during The Children’s Museum’s public admission hours.
For further information, please email email@example.com or call 860.231.2830 x 530.