Another Year of Family Science Sundays
With generous funding from the Northeast Utilities Foundation and Connecticut Light & Power, a second year of Family Science Sundays has been taking place at The Children’s Museum. The once-a-month family oriented science and nature programs are built around different themes and creative features that are fun, inspirational, and educational for families and children of all ages. Family Science Sundays continue through August and include science demonstrations, hands-on experiments, and family-focused creative takeaways, special guest presenters, and an online component for those who want to explore the day’s theme further. The grant also allows The Children’s Museum to offer a different school, youth group, or community organization in a high-need community free admission each month.
5% Day at Whole Foods
Whole Foods Market in West Hartford Center selected The Children’s Museum as the beneficiary of their 5% Day fundraiser on Thursday, May 3rd, part of their community giving program to support local causes that are important to their shoppers and neighbors. Their donation to the Museum of 5% of the store’s net sales that day was over $5,800. Thanks, Whole Foods!
Thanks to our recent major donors!
- Caldwell & Walsh Building Construction, Inc.
- Estate of Lucille A. Diorio
- The Ensworth Charitable Foundation, Bank of America, Trustee
- The Fund for Greater Hartford
- Maximilian E. & Marion O. Hoffman Foundation, Inc.
- Vernon D. and Florence E. Roosa Family Foundation Memorial Fund at the Harford Foundation for Public Giving
- SBM Charitable Foundation
- Whole Foods Market
For the quarter ending June 30, 2012.