The Children’s Museum can come to you! Contact our Registration Department to book your program.
|Phone:||860.231.2830, ext. 44|
- Program dates are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We have had programs booked as far as a year in advance, and as quickly as a few weeks in advance.
- January – May is usually the most heavily scheduled time for outreach programs. The fall tends to have more days available.
- Programs can be scheduled for evenings and weekends. However, the Registration Department can advise you of our availability.
- In the event of inclement weather, programs are conveniently rescheduled.
- Programs may not be presented outdoors.
- Teachers/adults must remain with the students at all times.
- Our Registration Department will work with you to arrange for program times that best meet your needs.
- Outreach Classroom Programs, Science Showcases and STARLAB programs are approximately 45 minutes in length.
- Classroom Programs, Science Showcases and STARLAB programs accommodate up to 30 students.
- Assembly Programs are 1 hour in length.
- Assembly Programs can accommodate 150 – 250 students, depending on the program.
|Zoo Station Assembly||$250.00|
|$185.00||each additional presentation on same day|
|Science Genie &
|$250.00||each additional presentation on same day|
|Science Showcases||$385.00||1 – 3 presentations|
|$550.00||4 – 6 presentations on the same day|
|Bubble Tech Sub-Zero||$25.00||extra per day|
|$110.00||additional presentations on same day|
|Classroom Programs||$170.00||within 25 mile radius|
|$185.00||outside 25 mile radius|
|$130.00||each additional presentation on same day|
|Advanced Polymers, Chem Tech, Polymer Power, R.A.Y.S. Sound||$10.00||materials fee extra each class|
|Traveling Telescopes||Please contact the Registration Department.|
- Fees vary by program.
- Discounts are available for multiple bookings of the same show on the same day.
- A non-refundable deposit ($50.00 for Classroom Programs; $100.00 for Assembly Programs, Science Showcases and STARLAB) is due within two weeks of receiving your confirmation and is applied to your total program fee.
- The balance of your outreach fee is due the day of your program.
- A mileage fee is charged for a roundtrip visit from The Children’s Museum to the outreach site.
- We accept checks made out to “The Children’s Museum” or MasterCard or Visa® payments.
- Purchase Orders are not accepted unless prior arrangements have been made with the Registration Manager.
Arrival and Departure Times
- We need to access the program location before its scheduled starting time in order to set up. Your confirmation will note the exact time.
- After the program we need 15 – 45 minutes to clean up, depending on the program.
- Each outreach program has different space and set-up requirements. Our Registration Department can inform you of our needs.
- There are several things you should know to make you STARLAB experience a great one. Specific requirements will be discussed when you book.
- * Please notify the Registration Department of any special group needs including learning or physical disabilities, behavioral issues, or language barriers.