SUMMER AT THE MUSEUM TICKETS MUST BE RESERVED ONLINE!
Free tickets will not be sold at the front desk.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Summer at the Museum Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Join us Tuesday and Thursday for a live butterfly release!
Releases are around Noon. Weather and delivery permitting.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
When can I reserve tickets to the museum? Tickets are currently sold one DAY in advance to allow us to make modifications as needed. Tickets are reserved online and are released at midnight. (IE Friday’s tickets are available online at 12:00AM on Thursday.)
What is the entry time? When selecting your visit’s entry time please keep in mind that you are selecting the time you would like to enter the museum. The time/date that you select for your ticket is your entry period. Do not arrive before your ticket time. There is no limit to your visit length. However, there is no re-entry at this time.
Who receives free admission? One (1) Connecticut resident adult with a valid state address and photo ID and all the children in their household can receive FREE admission from JULY 1 – SEPT 5, 2022 through the CT Summer at the Museum Free Kids admission program.
Is there a ticket limit for families? FREE CT Adult tickets are limited to ONE (1) free ticket PER VISITING FAMILY PER DAY. Additional adult tickets will be purchased in person upon check-in at the museum. If you reserve two free adults on two different transactions for the same day the second Free Adult will be canceled. Free Child tickets will not be canceled if you arrive within the first hour of your arrival window.
Who needs a ticket? Everyone needs a ticket. However, if your child has not celebrated their second birthday they are free when they visit the museum. When reserving free tickets, only reserve tickets for yourself and children ages 2-17. Free Toddler admission is sold at the front desk. Limiting your CT Free Kid tickets to ages 2-17 will free up some of the limited tickets available per day.
What is the free ticket limit per day? The Children’s Museum has a limited number of free tickets available throughout the day. We have approximately 180 tickets available each day we are open to the public.
How do I purchase tickets for the other Adults in my party? Additional adult tickets will be purchased in person upon check-in at the museum. General Admission is not limited to capacity. We guarantee all additional adults will be admitted with a paid ticket.
I am not able to come to my scheduled visit. What should I do? This ticket is to be redeemed on the date on your ticket. Tickets CAN NOT be rescheduled. There will be NO exceptions. If you are not able to arrive within your arrival window please call us at (860) 231-2824 so we can cancel your tickets and give another family the opportunity to visit this summer.
Why are you asking for my credit card? We do not verify resident information with your credit card like some organizations. If you are asked for your credit card you have either
- forgotten to create an account or sign in. Solution: Create an account or sign in at the top of the screen.
- have too many adults selected? Solution: Remove the adults from your cart, and limit your free adult quantity to 1.
- created your account with an out-of-state address. Solution: Call us to update your address.
- you are donating! In this case and only this case, please give us your information. Thank you, we appreciate your support!
ABUSE OF THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
ONE ACCOMPANYING ADULT MEANS ONE FREE ADULT PER VISITING FAMILY.
Free tickets are limited, your cooperation will make this program a success and will give more families the opportunity to visit the museum this summer.
Connecticut Summer at the Museum 2022 – Free Admission for Kids
It’s time to explore! From July 1 to September 5, Connecticut children age 18 and under plus one accompanying Connecticut resident adult can visit participating museums free of charge through the Connecticut Summer at the Museum program. Before you visit, check each participant’s website for specific program details and ticket availability.
- Participating museums have the discretion to administer the CT Summer at the Museum program to the best of their ability and according to their needs. Certain restrictions may apply and capacity may be limited. (i.e. limit to one adult per household, block-out dates, exclusions for special events, etc.) Be sure to check with each museum to learn of any restrictions before visiting.
- The children and the accompanying adult must reside in Connecticut.
- Proof of residency may be required (i.e. CT driver’s license or ID card) by a participating museum.
- Please make sure you check each museum for online advance ticketing and reservations, as they may be required.
- This program is geared towards families exploring together, not large camp groups.
- This program may not be used for group visits, such as visits from camps, youth groups, scouts, Boys and Girls Clubs, etc.
Connecticut Summer at the Museum is made possible through an investment from the federal COVID-19 recovery funding Connecticut is receiving from the American Rescue Plan Act. The program is administered by the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development’s Office of the Arts in partnership with Connecticut Humanities.
The staff and animals at The Children’s Museum are eager to see you! But remember if you are feeling sick or have a fever, please stay home! We know that change can be daunting and hard– we appreciate you working with us to provide a safe way for you and your family to get out and have some fun. By working together, we can continue to bring you the great learning experience you’ve come to know from The Children’s Museum in a safe and healthy environment.
HOW DO I GET MY FREE TICKETS?
- Create an Account and Sign in at the top of the ticketing page. If you don’t sign in with a Connecticut address you will not receive free admission.
- Select your entry time. Entry times are 9:30-11:30, 12:00-2:00, and 2:00-4:00. Arrive within the first hour of your entry window, once admitted you may stay as long as you like.
- Reserve your tickets. Please only reserve tickets for yourself and any children ages 2-18. Free Toddler tickets will be issued at the front desk. Free admission through the state program is limited. Free Toddler general admission tickets have no limit to capacity.
- Do not enter your credit card, unless you are donating. If you decide to make a Voluntary Contribution while reserving free tickets we will need your credit card.