The Children’s Museum has many fulfilling employment opportunities. Working at The Children’s Museum is a fun way to get involved in your community, to meet interesting people (and animals), to help children discover and learn new things, and to learn about science, nature and the stars.
The Travelers Science Dome at the Gengras Planetarium is seeking a Planetarium Educator, either part time or full time. The Planetarium Educator is mainly responsible for running the daily planetarium programs, assisting in the development of visual content for use in the planetarium, as well as helping out with evening astronomy events. Planetarium programs consist of full dome movies and live sky presentations. Evening astronomy events involve telescope demonstrations, crafts and activities. This is a great opportunity for astronomy students who are interested in pursuing a career in education, museum work, or science related multimedia.
- It is important that the Planetarium Educator has a background knowledge of astronomy, or is willing to learn.
- It is important that the candidate be computer proficient.
- Public speaking experience is preferred.
- Previous planetarium experience is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of Adobe CS5 is desired, but not required.
Position is available until filled.