The Children’s Museum in West Hartford, Connecticut offers hands-on fun with science and nature for children and families. Members and visitors enjoy exhibits and demonstrations, education classes and activities, a live animal wildlife sanctuary, state-of-the art digital science dome movies and planetarium shows, vacation camps, sleepovers, birthday parties, scout activities, and special events. Nearby Roaring Brook Nature Center in Canton offers environmental exhibits, nature programs and classes, concerts and acres of outdoor hiking, bird watching, gardens and winter cross-country skiing.
Select the Membership level that best meets your family’s size. All levels include our premium membership benefits. Each level below may be purchased by grandparents. In this event, the grandparents will become the named adults and may attend with the grandchildren listed on that level. All listed children must be under age eighteen.
Make any level Scientist and above a PLUS level by adding ACM Reciprocity for just $20!
Please note: Adults on memberships MUST be named. Front Desk staff reserves the right to check IDs. Thank you.
Memberships are per household (the exception being a Grandparent membership, in which case it is understood that not all of the children may live in one home). Memberships cannot be shared or split between two households unless otherwise approved by TCM.
Members enjoy a full year of affordable, fun and educational opportunities at The Children’s Museum, West Hartford and Roaring Brook Nature Center in Canton. You’ll find something for everyone with unique experiences each time you step through our doors to tour our changing exhibits.
- Free, unlimited admission to exhibit galleries for a full year for all persons named on the membership at both The Children’s Museum and Roaring Brook Nature Center;
- Preferred pricing on premium shows and special exhibits;
- 10% discount in our gift shops;
- Two, one-time use, complimentary guest passes for members to invite friends;
- $2 discount off guest admissions;
- Discounted fees on programs and special events;
- Invites to “Members Only” hours and events;
- Quarterly newsletter and monthly e-blasts;
- Value pack of discounted offers and coupons;
- Free admission to over 200 museums and science centers around the world through our relationship with The Association of Science and Technology Centers.
Some exclusion does apply based on distance and location
Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) Reciprocal Network is ideal for visiting other local Connecticut Museums, and also works well for travel and vacation. Under this reciprocity you will receive 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people each time you visit. There are no location restrictions. The adult named on the card must be present for the discount. All standard levels of membership, other than Inventor, may be purchased at the Plus level for an additional $20. To find out more about ACM museums and their Reciprocal Network visit their website.
How to Join:
1. Join Online
2. Call us at 860.231.2824
3. Download a Membership Application and mail it to:
The Children’s Museum
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford, CT 06119
4. Or visit the museum and join the day of your visit!
As a 501C(3) not-for-profit corporation, The Children’s Museum and Roaring Brook Nature Center appreciates the support of its members and donors.
*All membership levels, pricing and benefits are subject to change without notice.