Enrich your scouting experience at The Children’s Museum through our exciting hands-on exhibits and programs.
VISIT OUR MUSEUM!
Use our exhibits to help fulfill your badge requirements. Explore our Wildlife Sanctuary and Turtle Town. Try your engineering skills in Imagination Playground and Thinker Linker Studio. View a Science Dome Planetarium show.
WE CAN VISIT YOU!
Our outreach programs can come to you. We offer hands-on experiments, spectacular science demonstrations, meetings with our live animals and more. Let us bring one of our programs to your troop, pack, or Blue and Gold Banquets.
VISIT ROARING BROOK NATURE CENTER!
We offer seasonal nature walks designed to help scouts’ awareness and appreciation of their natural environment and workshops designed to meet most badge requirements. For more information contact Roaring Brook at 860.693.0263.
EXPERIENCE A PRIVATE FACILITY OVERNIGHT EXPERIENCE!
Overnights at The Children’s Museum are available for groups of 60 or more. Your group is the only group at the Museum. This is a special opportunity to explore the Museum and engage in science exploration after dark. Your group can experience an entire night full of fun and science that is sure to leave lasting memories.
Spend an evening full of exciting, interactive science investigations, explore the Museum’s exhibit halls, experience a Science Dome planetarium show and meet some Wildlife Sanctuary critters. Then drift to sleep among our many exhibits
During every Overnight, you’ll…
- Participate in fun and interactive science activities
- Meet and learn about some of the inhabitants of our Wildlife Sanctuary
- Witness an amazing Science Dome planetarium show
- Explore our many exhibits
- Enjoy an evening snack and light breakfast
- Have time to shop for a souvenir
Overnights are designed specifically for children in grades 1 – 6.
When you reserve a Private Facility Overnight, one leader must serve as the contact person.
- $3,000 Flat Fee for up to 100 people; (minimum number required to run the overnight is 60 people).
- Please be aware, upon making a reservation, that you are responsible for the total amount of $3,000.
- A non-refundable deposit of $1,500, payable with a credit card (Visa®, MasterCard, or Discover), is due at the time of your reservation.
- Final payment and accurate headcount are due two weeks prior to the event (Visa®, MasterCard, Discover, check or cash).
- All reservations are non-refundable.
The Children’s Museum does not issue refunds for deposits or final payments.
For detailed information on your Overnight experience or to register, contact our Registration Department at 860.726.4008 or email email@example.com.