The Children’s Museum and Roaring Brook Nature Center
The Children’s Museum in West Hartford, Connecticut offers hands-on fun with science and nature for children and families. Members and visitors engage in our interactive demonstrations, workshops, multi-sensory exhibits, wildlife sanctuary, and other special events. Nearby Roaring Brook Nature Center in Canton offers animal and environmental exhibits, nature programs, birthday parties, scout activities, concerts, hiking, bird watching, cross-country skiing, and is home to our Wildlife Clinic.
Renew in March and Save BIG!
Renew or rejoin before March 31, 2023, and receive a Reciprocal Membership at the Dual Membership price. That means it is only $125 to get all the benefits of ASTC and ACM reciprocity! Upgrade to an Animal Sponsor Membership for only $225 and support any of our animal ambassadors. It doesn’t matter when your membership expires or had expired. Only renewals or rejoins apply. New Memberships are not included in this promotion.
Please call (860) 231-2824 to renew or rejoin. This special discount is not available online
HAVE YOU HEARD?
The museum has moved!
We welcome you to visit our new facility, where we share grounds with the Emanuel Synagogue. Our new facility gives us the opportunity to make a strong refocus on our family audience with younger children as they can visit the museum without large group traffic.
Membership extensions were processed for all members who were active in August 2022. Please contact our Membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a new membership card.
Each membership level gives TWO (2) named adults and THREE (3) additional family members* unlimited admission** to The Children’s Museum and Roaring Brook Nature Center for one year.
Each level below may be purchased by grandparents. In this event, the grandparents will become the named adults and may attend with the grandchildren listed on that level. All listed children must be under the age of eighteen.
Become part of our family.
- General admission and member discounts for two named adults and 3 additional family members to The Children’s Museum and Roaring Brook Nature Center
- Two single-use guest passes per year
Essential when traveling!
- General admission and member discounts for two named adults and 3 additional family members
- Two single-use guest passes per year
- Participation in both the ASTC and ACM reciprocal programs
Take support to the next level.
- All the benefits of Reciprocal Membership
- Your family will be recognized as a $100 Animal Sponsor for one year. -Support animals at The Children’s Museum and Roaring Brook Nature Center
Additional Member/Caregiver Add On
- Additional children, family members, and/or Caregivers*** may be added to your membership for $25 per person.
- Additional Caregivers will receive their own cards, receive all the benefits of the membership, and can visit both locations without the primary named adults.
*Family members can be Children, Caregivers, Au Pairs, Ex-Spouses, Partners, or Grandparents.
**2 named adults and 3 additional family members PER VISIT. An add-on must be purchased to receive free admission for more than what is covered under the membership.
***An add-on must be purchased if the adult will be attending the museum without the primary named adults.
Our Children’s Museum Group members enjoy a full year of affordable and fun educational opportunities at The Children’s Museum in West Hartford and Roaring Brook Nature Center in Canton. Experience unique and ever-changing exhibits that will excite the whole family.
Don’t let the fun stop there– take advantage of your preferred pricing to sign up for camps, special events, and other programs.
- A full year of free, unlimited admission to The Children’s Museum in West Hartford & Roaring Brook Nature Center in Canton
- Two, one-time use, complimentary guest passes for use at either of our locations
- $10 off $20 coupon for TCM/RBNC gift shops
- $5 off TCM & $2 off RBNC guest admissions
- 10% discount in our gift shops
- Reduced cost on programming (camps, birthday parties, nature walks, special events)
- Invites to ‘Members Only’ hours and events
- E-blast subscription with the latest goings-on
Save 10% more in the store!
Throughout March, Members will receive 20% off gift shop purchases made from March 1st through 31st.
Merchandise must be at full price to receive the 20% discount. Items on sale do not apply.
Reciprocal and Animal Sponsor Memberships come with these additional benefits-
The ASTC Travel Passport Program is a reciprocal admission program that offers a travel benefit to Reciprocal and Animal Sponsor Members. Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Reciprocal Network is essential when you travel or are on vacation. Under this reciprocity, you will receive FREE general admission at participating museums and science centers. Travel distance exclusions apply. To find out more about ASTC and their Reciprocal Network visit their website.
Curious what a 90-mile radius looks like “as the crow flies”? Please follow this link to our favorite radius tool. Here you are able to see 90 miles around the museum. Next, enter your home address and click ‘new circle’. This will show you an accurate view of your restriction map.
Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) Reciprocal Network is ideal for visiting other local Connecticut Museums, and also works well for travel and vacation. Under this reciprocity, you will receive 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people each time you visit. There are no location restrictions. The adult named on the card must be present for the discount. ACM reciprocity is included in Reciprocal and Animal Sponsor Membership. To find out more about ACM museums and their Reciprocal Network visit their website.
Reciprocity Cheat Sheet This cheat sheet is a list of the closest ASTC and ACM participating museums, science centers, and aquariums that we think you will enjoy.
Visit our Animal Sponsorship page to learn what benefits an Animal Sponsor Member will receive with the $100 animal sponsorship level.
How to Join:
1. Join Online
2. Call us at 860.231.2830 x205
3. Download a Membership Application and mail it to:
The Children’s Museum
180 Mohegan Drive
West Hartford, CT 06117
4. Or visit the museum and join the day of your visit!
For information on Gift Memberships, click here!
A portion of your membership may be tax-deductible. Please consult your tax advisor or email our membership coordinator, Stephanie Honnell at: email@example.com
Please note: Adults on memberships MUST be named. Front Desk staff reserves the right to check IDs. Thank you.
Memberships are per household (the exception being a Grandparent as the named adult or divorced parents, in which case it is understood that not all of the adults and children may live in one home). Memberships cannot be shared or split between two households unless otherwise approved by TCM.
*All membership levels, pricing, and benefits are subject to change without notice.
As a 501C(3) not-for-profit corporation, The Children’s Museum and Roaring Brook Nature Center appreciate the support of its members and donors.