Working at The Children’s Museum is a fun way to get involved in your community, to meet interesting people (and animals), to help children discover and learn new things, and to learn about science, nature, and the stars.
Assistant Preschool Teacher
The Children’s Museum Preschool in West Hartford is currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Preschool Teacher, 25-28 hours a week (Mon-Fri) 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Responsibilities include providing a safe learning environment, assist with planning and implementing play-based classroom activities to provide developmentally appropriate experiences meeting the individual needs of the children. Some light lifting <10 lbs and floor play daily. Assistants work in collaboration with our Preschool Classroom Teachers to support the children’s growth and development as they play, explore, and interact.
- Prior experience in an early childhood program preferred.
- Current enrollment in or completion of an Associate degree in Early Childhood/CDA preferred.
- First Aid, CPR, Medication Administration, and EpiPen certified to meet state guidelines, or willingness to immediately obtain.
- Must possess the personal qualities to care for and work with children, communicate and relate positively with co-workers, students, and families.
- Demonstrate a strong level of both verbal and written communication skills.
- All required background screening will be completed.
Send resume and cover letter including minimum hourly salary expectation to
Or mail to:
The Children’s Museum
Attn: Lori Crochetiere
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford Ct. 06119