When do Overnights occur?
- Overnights occur on selected Friday & Saturdays from November – June
- Check-in time is at 6:30 p.m.
- Departure time is at 9:00 a.m.
What is the schedule for a Overnight?
|6:30 – 6:50 p.m.
|7:30 – 10:00 p.m.
|Two workshops, Exploration, and Snack
|10:00 – 10:30 p.m.
|Science Dome Show
|Set up Campsite
|7:00 – 9:00 a.m.
|Breakfast, Store visit, and Exploration
Schedule is subject to change without notice.
What do we bring?
- A lightweight sleeping bag (or a few blankets) and a pillow
- AIR MATTRESSES AND COTS ARE NOT ALLOWED! With limited space in the sleeping areas, they are too large and become a safety hazard within the building.
- Twin Sized Sleeping Pads are permitted.
- All gear should be clearly labeled with your group and individual name to reduce the loss of any items.
Do we bring our own food?
- Make sure to eat dinner before arrival. We supply a snack in the evening. The snack includes applesauce or pudding, chips, and juice.
- A cold breakfast is available in the morning. Breakfast includes cereal, milk, juice, and a cereal/fruit breakfast bar. Coffee and tea is available for all adults in the evening and morning.
- Groups should not bring any food or drinks except for those who have special needs. FOOD ALLERGY SUFFERERS: All foods provided are free of peanuts and tree nuts. For children with additional food allergies, we encourage parents to provide snacks and breakfast foods as needed. We find that this is the best way to ensure the safety of all children.
- Water bottles are allowed; please label.
Who staffs the Overnights?
- An Overnight Manager is on duty for the entire event.
- A professional Science Educator runs each workshop.
- An overnight staff person is awake and available during the night.
What about first aid/ emergencies?
- Each group should have someone responsible for first aid during the Overnight.
- Leaders should have parental/medical permission forms as required by their organization.
- Each group will complete an Emergency Contact Form to turn in at check-in.
- If a camper brings medication, it must be self-administered or administered by your group’s first aid person. Refrigeration for medicine and food is available.
What do you do in case of severe weather?
- If necessary, an official notice of cancellation is made by noon the day of the Overnight.
- A message is placed on the voice mail system informing group leaders of the decision.