A field trip can include classroom workshops, Science Dome programs and our exhibits. It’s up to you.
You will receive a confirmation letter with details of your visit after receipt of your reservation. Your field trip is NOT confirmed until you receive this printed letter.
Field trips are scheduled Tuesday to Friday during September to April and Monday to Friday from May to June.
Remember to schedule your field trip and arrange your transportation early.
- Classroom and Science Dome programs begin at: 9:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. Programs are approximately 45 minutes.
- Classrooms accommodate up to 30 students and four adults.
- The Science Dome seats up to 145 people.
- One chaperone is required for every 10 students.
- Additional adult chaperones may be accommodated subject to space availability.
- Please do not bring siblings or other additional young children.
ARRIVAL AND TEACHER CHECK-IN
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of your first program, allowing time for group check-in.
- Late arrivals result in shortened programs or cancellation of your programs.
- Refunds are not issued for shortened or cancelled programs due to late arrivals.
- Indoor tables and outdoor picnic areas are available but space is limited.
- Eating on your bus may be necessary during inclement weather.
- Snack and beverage vending machines are available.
- Please inform us of any special needs (learning or physical disabilities, behavioral issues, or language) when you register.
Wheelchair accessibility is limited to outside entrances. There are no elevators or ramps within the buildings but multiple points of access are available.
On a tight schedule? Let our staff aid you in designing souvenir gift bags for your students that fit your budget. We’ll have them ready and waiting so you have more time to explore, learn and have fun. Call 860.231.2830 x380.
SCHOOL GROUP RATES
The following rates are per student and include a self-guided tour:
- $9.00 – 1 program (classroom or Science Dome)
- $15.00 – 2 programs
- $22.00 – 3 programs
- $8.00 – per chaperone
- Teachers and other school staff FREE.
- Payment in full is necessary upon arrival: Cash, Business or Bank Check, MasterCard or Visa®.
- To expedite check-in, the group leader must collect payment for chaperones prior to the arrival at the Museum.
- The following may not be used for student or chaperone fees: discount coupons, library passes, purchase orders (unless prior arrangements are made), membership in The Children’s Museum or reciprocal memberships.
- Teachers are responsible for full payment of student and chaperone numbers booked.
- The Children’s Museum does not issue credits for absentees. However, teachers are allowed to make final attendance adjustments up to 24 hours prior to their visit.
- Overpayments of $50 or more will be refunded.